cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any way to make mass configuration changes to devices?

punkrulz
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

One of the things I was curious about was the ability to make mass configuration changes to the phones. I have already experimented successfully with using BAT to add devices and lines. There are 2 things however that may need to be changed.

1) While I don't know much about SIP or SCCP, I heard SCCP was the more updated protocol despite my understanding. I know all of the 7965 and 7975 phones were added using SIP, and would like to change that. Can this be done easily?

2) It appears that assigning the directory number to a user didn't take. When I go to the phone -> DN -> scroll down, associated users is blank. Is this important, and is there an easy way to assign the DN to a specific user across the board?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Converting a Cisco 7940/7960 CallManager Phone to a SIP Phone and the Reverse Process

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

if you want user to use CCMUser, mobility and stuff that needs the association then yes, it's very important to associate them

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate