cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

S650 vs S660

Rob Klebanov
Level 1
Level 1

I was just wondering what the difference was between the newer and older model of the appliance. New features?

Thanks!

Rob

5 Replies 5

jowolfer
Level 1
Level 1

Rob,

There is no software difference between the two (other then some drivers and what not). The difference is hardware.

8 CPU cores instead of 4, each CPU has a faster clock, 8GB of ram instead of 4GB. So forth.

Rob Klebanov
Level 1
Level 1

Rob, 

There is no software difference between the two (other then some drivers and what not). The difference is hardware.

8 CPU cores instead of 4, each CPU has a faster clock, 8GB of ram instead of 4GB. So forth.

Thanks Josh!

Cheers :D

markfisher1
Level 1
Level 1

Was this due to the new FreeBSD 7.0 release earlier in the year with better utilization for multicore processors?

jowolfer
Level 1
Level 1

The WSA is not running FreeBSD 7. I do believe there are plans to move to 7 eventually, but I don't have any additional information on if / when that would be.

Rob, 

Wow ... nice hardware. And to think that in my setup, we'll probably never hit the hardware limitations of the S650 ... next thing you'll add is dual Terabit NICs >_<

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: