CCNP, CCDP, and CCIP recertification

Unanswered Question
Nov 17th, 2008

Hi,

I need to renew my CCNP, CCDP and CCIP certification, I thought I could take any 642 exam to do this. I was thinking of taking the 642-373 CXFS exam, but I've just noticed on the CCNP page it says it must be a professional level 642 exam, does that mean the 642-373 CXFS exam won't recertify me? and if not I guess I will have to do an exam from one of CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIP routes?

Any advice appreciated....

Shep

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dancarrick Mon, 11/17/2008 - 17:25

Shep,

The 642-373 is not part of the professional series - therefore it will not recertify your professional certifications.

It would be best for you to resit 642-901 BSCI or 642-642 QoS

Cheers

shephes8 Tue, 11/18/2008 - 00:50

hmmm thought so, why BSCI or QoS? I've done those before and fancy learning something new.

I think I will have a go at one of the CCSP exams. I'd like to take the CCDE written but I only have 6 months to renew my certs and am concerned I may struggle to achieve that in time to renew my existing certs, which is my immediate priority.

I've worked in a pure design role for the past 12 months with little hands on so I think the CCIE written might be difficult at this time.

jcrussell Tue, 11/18/2008 - 05:56

If you've done nothing but design over the last year, then the ARCH exam would probably be right up your alley, no? :-)

But I am like you in that I like to learn new things. I am taking the Security IE written to renew my R/S IE. Good luck!

shephes8 Tue, 11/18/2008 - 06:38

yea your probably right and it would probably serve as a good refresh upon which to build on with a view to taking CCDE.

Actions

This Discussion