cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.12 - Want to enable AD LDAP integration?

dnelson
Level 1
Level 1

I've never enabled MAD to CUCM LDAP integration before.

I've read as many of the design docs but still have some questions.

1. When syncronization happens the first time and the local CM DB is populated, it says all users that don't have a attribute match will be marked for deletion. Does that mean that all of the additional end user config has to be redone? Such as EM, Device association, primary extension, and user groups, or is that somehow maintained?

2. If there are users in the MAD search base that you don't want in the CUCM directory, is there a way to exclude or hide them?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2 Replies 2

jasonharmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

To answer your questions.

1. I beleive that the configuration that you have done on CUCM users will need to be redone on the new AD syncd accounts.

2. If the users are in the same LDAP tree, then there is no way not to include them. The usual was would be to have the users that you want to import/sync with CUCM would be a different OU as those that your dont which to import.

hope that makes sence..

jason

Thanks for your help, but I thought of an additional question.

What happens to Attendant Console Users. Does integrating with Ldap have any affect on the AC users and their configured profiles they get when they login to the AC software (i.e. speed dials and screen configuration).

Thanks again for the info.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: