Views
Helpful
Replies

IVR For Auto attendent Feature

karthiksr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends

We have a customer requirement for implementing the "AUTO ATTENDENT" feature. We have to prepare the IVR for the same. The requirement is "1 should directly reach the extension number and 9 should directly reach the operator".

Pl tell how to perform this IVR. We want it very professionally.

Thanks and Regards

Karthik Sridharan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The way I setup Greetings Admin is

1. I create a CTI route point with an extension and set it to CallForwardAll to Voicemail.

2. Create a Call Handler in Unity with that Extension

3. Make you or the user who would be recording the prompts as the owner for the Call Handler. (In the Profile - select Owner - Subsriber - click Change - select the user)

4. Go to Greetings and Standard - In the Source - Select Blank - In the After Greeting Action Select Send Caller to - Scroll down and select Greetings Administrator.

It is setup now, you can call the extension you created and get to the IVR for Greetings Admin. To record Greetings for each Call Handler you would need to know the extension of the Call Handler and you the person recording prompts needs to be the owner for those Call Handlers.

If you want more than one users to be able to record prompts, then add them to a Public Distribution list in Unity and select the list as the owner in Step 3.

Let me know if you have any questions.

JoeL

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

joel
Level 1
Level 1

what product are you trying to do this with?

Do you have IPCC Enterprise or Express or Unity?

You can very simply do this with Unity Call Handlers.

JoeL

Thanks Joel

We are going to configure in the Unity.Thanks. Yes i knew on how to configure. But we dont have the IVR - (the automated voice response) audio file to upload. How to make one with the above said requirements.

Regards

Karthik Sridharan

You need to setup Greetings Administrator

I assume you are Unity and not Unity Connection or Express..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag250e.html#wp1047976

JoeL

The way I setup Greetings Admin is

1. I create a CTI route point with an extension and set it to CallForwardAll to Voicemail.

2. Create a Call Handler in Unity with that Extension

3. Make you or the user who would be recording the prompts as the owner for the Call Handler. (In the Profile - select Owner - Subsriber - click Change - select the user)

4. Go to Greetings and Standard - In the Source - Select Blank - In the After Greeting Action Select Send Caller to - Scroll down and select Greetings Administrator.

It is setup now, you can call the extension you created and get to the IVR for Greetings Admin. To record Greetings for each Call Handler you would need to know the extension of the Call Handler and you the person recording prompts needs to be the owner for those Call Handlers.

If you want more than one users to be able to record prompts, then add them to a Public Distribution list in Unity and select the list as the owner in Step 3.

Let me know if you have any questions.

JoeL

Thanks Joel... I will check this and let you know.

Karthik,

you can configure this in the unity (Call handler option).

regards,

Sajish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: