cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls dropped

moropodi2008
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i have user when she is on the phone her calls are dropped all the time but all ohter users on the same branch are not experiencing that problem. i have checked the serial interface, its not running errors, i have checked her interface and its not running errors either. what might be causing this problem? thanks.

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is she using a headset?

Have you tried replcing her phone to see if the issue persists?

How about cables?

Chris

thanks Chris, she is not using headset, i guess i have to change the phone and replace all cables tomorrow.

Thanks Chris, i have changed the phone and cables from the switch to the patch panel and from the patchpanel to the phone itself and evrything seems to be fine. Last thing Chris, i have a site using 10 cisco phones but they are renting premises and the rest of the buildings they are using Siemens, the switchboard is Siemens and now they are complaining that it takes them exactly 15 seconds to transfer calls to my cisco phone users, i'm using H323 gateway, is there a way i can reduce this 15 seconds delay to 5 seconds delay. Thanks once again.

This appears to be an interdigit timeout issue (T302 timer), you probably have overlaps in your dialplan somwhere hence the CallManager waits for the interdigit timeout to expire before proceeding with the call. For example if your phone DN is:

2000 and you have a pattern somewhere such 2000X, or XXXXX it will result in what you are describing.

See if changin the T302 changes the behaviour, if not ensure that the CM server you are referencing in your dialpeer is online.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Good remind - yes - CCM 4.x by default use 15 second for T302 (interdigit timer). However, CME 4.0 use 10 seconds.

Modify T302 timer howto:

------------------------

CCM admin -> Service parameter -> Callmanager->

T302 timer: 5 seconds (changed from default 15 s)

Callmanager service need to restart after then.

CME IOS -> conf# telephony-service

timeout interdigit 5

James

Good remind - yes - CCM 4.x by default use 15 second for T302 (interdigit timer). However, CME 4.0 use 10 seconds.

Modify T302 timer howto:

------------------------

CCM admin -> Service parameter -> Callmanager->

T302 timer: 5 seconds (changed from default 15 s)

Callmanager service need to restart after then.

CME IOS -> conf# telephony-service

timeout interdigit 5

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: