3rd Party Server for Emergency Responder

Unanswered Question
Nov 18th, 2008
User Badges:

Hello,

I am looking at using an IBM x3250 M2 server for Cisco Emergency Responder version 7.0. However, I am noticing on the release notes for Emergency responder listing the supported third party servers http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/7_0/english/release/notes/cer_70.html#wp76400 is very vague on particular server configurations. Do I have to stick with the exact processor listed in the release notes? My concerns are that:

If I go with a dual core Xeon E3110 Process (3.0 Ghz) rather than the 2.13 ghz processor listed (the 2.13 isn't even available from IBM either)

1. Will this cause me issues with the CER installer not having the exact processor listed?

2. Will this cause me any issues staying in the 7825 or equivilent licensing structure since this is a dual core processor?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Tommer Catlin Tue, 11/18/2008 - 08:51
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

May have to check with TAC. The CER install disc will fail when it does a hardware check if everything is not perfect. If you have the server, push the disc in and see if it loads.

hypnotoad Wed, 12/03/2008 - 17:32
User Badges:

I use HP third party servers for CCM 6.1 and CER 2. I learned the hard way that the 3.0 proc will not work. When I was buying the servers, I figured that I might as well upgrade the processor. I tried to load the software and it failed. I changed all the proccessors to the 2.13 and it worked great.

--Patrick

Actions

This Discussion