Helpful
Replies

Quick Unity Question

l.colmenares
Level 1
Level 1

I have CallManger Cluster one publisher 2 subs version 6.1

unity failover primary server 96 ports.

As I understand, the failover server is only used when primary unity server is down.

Voice Mail Ports of the secundary server are registered with the publisher subscriber; Does that means that is the 96 ports on the primary server are busy, the ports on the failover server are available to be used?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The active calls will remain connected to the primary Unity server. Once they're torn down, any new calls will be routed to the new Unity server.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Luisa,

Your first comment is correct :) These Ports would only be used in case of Failover. This is not an Active-Active type of setup.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Luisa,

This is a great document that explains the causes of failover as well as how failover is designed to function:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/403/failover/guide/ex/FG_040.html#wp1159389

One of the potential causes for failover is if all ports are busy, yes. But, with 96 ports, chances of that happening are low.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Hello Brad,

Thank you very much for the link, it is very very helpfull.

I still have a doubt.

If we come to have the 96 ports busy on the primary server and a 97th call comes to use the AA on Unity, and failover comes.

What happens with the 96 calls on the primary server?

thanks in advance!

The active calls will remain connected to the primary Unity server. Once they're torn down, any new calls will be routed to the new Unity server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: