Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring PIX firewall

samirshaikh52
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Frndz,

I need the help regarding configuring the PIX firewall I am posting my scenario as an attachment with complete description and requirements.

Frndz its very urgent

Thanking in Advance

8 Replies 8

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Some comments

1) You cannot have a public ip address 192.168.x.x - this will not work on the internet.

2) You need to default gateway of the ISA to point to the PIX - not the other way around.

Other than that - ther rest of the config is simple. I suggest you use the below links for configuration examples:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_configuration_examples_list.html

HTH>

Awarded 2 pts

Thank you.

First of all thank for reply But sir I have used 192.168.1.1 just as an exmaple to explain I know that this type of addresses will not work on the internet Actually i dont know much about PIX that's why i choose cisco forum becoz i believe that i will get the best answers

OK - but my previous post is still correct, what you are trying to do is not difficult, you just need to understand what you want to do, plan test and deploy.

HTH>

Actually i am new to PIX firewall so for that I dont know how to configure Can you help me in this

Did you read the config examples I posted??

If you really do have trouble with this, and are struggling, email me @ andrew.prince@monster.com and I will help you with the config, trying to do it thru the forum will take to long.

HTH>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: