cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works LMS 2.6

r.barba
Level 1
Level 1

I have A Cisco Works LMS 2.6, and I have configuraed a job to make the automatically back, but from 3 weeks, I am having this errors.

ERROR(333): No database files are available for the installed applications; nothing to back up.

Backup failed: 2008/10/05 00:00:02

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Backup to 'D:/lmsbackup' started at: [Sun Oct 12 00:00:01 2008]

ERROR(333): No database files are available for the installed applications; nothing to back up.

Backup failed: 2008/10/12 00:00:01

Backup to 'D:/lmsbackup' started at: [Sun Oct 19 00:00:01 2008]

Backup failed: 2008/10/19 00:00:01

Backup to 'D:/lmsbackup' started at: [Sun Oct 26 00:00:01 2008]

Backup failed: 2008/10/26 00:00:01

Backup to 'D:/lmsbackup' started at: [Sun Nov 2 00:00:03 2008]

Backup failed: 2008/11/02 00:00:03

Backup to 'D:/lmsbackup' started at: [Sun Nov 9 00:00:02 2008]

Backup failed: 2008/11/09 00:00:02

How can I fix, this problem??

Regards

Rafael Barba

24 Replies 24

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds as if something happened to your NMSROOT\backup\manifest directory. This directory stores the information about what is to be backed up. If this directory is damaged, it must be restored from a file system backup, or from an identical LMS server. The only other alternative is to reinstall LMS from scratch.

Thak you for your answer, I have a questions, This problem began when in the same server the customer installed the NNM HP Open View, what do you think?.

What happend if I install the CWLMS 3.0? do you think that the new version fix the problem??

Regards

Rafael Barba

HPOV NNM would not have caused this. The most likely cause is someone explicitly deleting the contents of the backup or backup/manifest directory. Upgrading to LMS 3.0 would fix this.

Thank you so much.

This Friday I will make the upgrade, i f I have some kind of problem I will tell you.

regards

Rafael Barba

I should point out that the upgrade will prompt you to backup your existing data which will fail. However, you can still upgrade provided you have a known good backup (even it if is a little old). You will first need to uninstall LMS 2.6 from the server, then install 3.0. Once you have 3.0 installed, you can migrate your 2.6 data.

If you don't have a backup, then you will need to recover the 2.6 manifest directory, or install 3.0 from scratch.

Thank you, I will follow your directions, so if you have some kind of LINK with the procedure the upgrade, please send me. I will inform you about the migration.

Regards

Rafael Barba

Hi Friend.

I have a problem with de Cisco Works 2.6, you know that I joined the new device into de CWLMS 2.6 Database the new equipment is a Cisco 6509, everything is OK, but my customer told me, when de one of the interfaces of the sw goes down Cisco Works does not register the trap. So I was checking the error and I saw the folloe=wing, please se the picture? All these interfaces are UP, but into my CWLMS has Not Available.

How can I fix this problem??

Best Regards

Rafael Barba

By default, DFM does not manage switch ports that do not connect to other DFM-managed devices. I assume that these four ports are access ports. If these ports are critical, and you want to be notified when they are down, then set their Managed State to true, and click Submit. Then, go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Apply Changes, and apply your changes. Then, DFM will generate events when those ports are operationally down.

dear friend.

Basically all the ports are in the same status, only I sent a part of the all ports. I put the port in TRUE state, but I did nor make the rest of the procedure that you sent me. I will do that the procedure and I will inform you the results.

Thank you so much.

Regards

Rafael Barba

Hi Friend.

Let me tell you that yesterday I was making the CWLMS 3.0, I make a unistallation of the CWLMS 2.6, but when I was finishing de CWLMS 3.0 almost 95%, I got this message.

Share violation another process may be using the file.

When the installation was finish, the CWLMS 3.0 was a lot problems because I could not open the Device Management.

Then I tried to unistall the CWLMS 3.0, and I got a lot of times the same message Share violation another process may be using the file.

And the folliwing message like the picture that I am sending.

How can I fix the problem??

Regards

Rafael Barba

Set the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service to Manual in the Services control panel, then reboot. Before the uninstallation. Then reboot again. Then you should be able to install LMS 3.0 from scratch.

The CWLMS 3.0 finished the unistallation, with the errors that I send you??, do you think that I am make the install again???, because I don't have de Cisco Daemon in the services?

Tahnk you.

Regards

Rafael Barba

Before doing the reinstallation, disable anti-virus software, log into the server as a local Administrator, and set the TEMP and TMP environment variables to short values (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\TEMP). That should ensure a more successful installation.

Hi JCLARKE.

Let me tell you that I have installing the CWLMS 3.0, and I have 32 equipments into Common Services Module, when I access to DFM module and I make the manually import the devices I got this messages from de DFM module Discovery Status option, please see the picture. I deleted all the divices and I added again but the problem is the same.

How can I solve this problem.

regards}

Rafael Barba

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: