cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM Trunk Issue

voilesadte
Level 4
Level 4

Anyone know how to reset the WiSM to factory defaults? Troubleshooting FAQ suggests resetting WiSM and entering "recover-config" at the username prompt, but that did not work. I made a change to one of the gig ports and it brought down the port-channel that's dynamically configured during initial configuration. Since I can't restore the port-channel, I need to start over...

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reseting the WLC's in the WiSM will not restore your port-channel configuration. You need to re-configure your trunk port and the port-channel on the switch and you should be okay. The recover-config at the username will just clear the wlc config. Take a look at this doc... it might help you with the initial switch configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_tech_note09186a00808330a9.shtml

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

That's how I configured initially. I have reconfigured the port-channels to the original configuration, but the high-order port-channel (that gets dynamically created when the initial port-channel was configured) can't be configured since the port-channel command only allows 1-256 and the Wism port-channel are above that.

The physical port channels are up/up, but the dynamic high-order port-channel status remains SD.

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Depending on which version of IOS you are running, it should re-create the channels on its own.

if you back out the wism config commands on the switch, it should create the interface/channels for you.

no wism service-vlan xxx

no wism module x controller 1 native vlan xx

no wism module x controller 1 allowed vlans xx,xx

do for controller 2 as well

and then re-add them.

afterwards, do the following:

sho wism status

sh wism module x controller 1 status

sh ether-channel xxx (what the wism/720 created) summary

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card