Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Report by Domain - No M Series

I have 4 domains and would like to know how many messages each domain receives. I know this can't be done without the M Series, just wondering if there is another way. I was able to download the mail logs and grep for each domain but that doesn't list messages that have already been dropped due to the Reputation filter.

Is there a log file that contains information on Stopped by Reputation Filtering? I would need the To: info which would include a full email address.

Formal request for this feature in the C Series :D

Thanks for the help.

1 Reply 1

fmyrelid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

By default connections blocked by SenderBase is closed at the start of the SMPT conversation. Meaning there is no domain information in any the log files regards to sender or recipient of the email.

BUT, if you want that information you can enable "HAT delayed rejections".

For example, you now can see the mail from address and each recipient address of the message which is blocked. When you enable HAT delayed rejection, the following behavior occurs:
--The MAIL FROM command is accepted, but no message object is created.
--All RCPT TO commands are rejected with text explaining that access to send e-mail is refused.
--If the sending MTA authenticates with SMTP AUTH, they are granted a RELAY policy and are allowed to deliver mail as normal.

NOTE: This is only configurable from the CLI listenerconfig --> setup command.

Regards to reporting, you did know you can do this on the M-series. But what you can do on C-series is do export the "Internal User" report in CSV format and work with Excel to get the data you want.

/Fredrik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: