cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading to full T1

durga_suji
Level 1
Level 1

our company is upgrading to full T1 links from existing 512/1024 capacity. i will work with service provider and make the changes at same time in a conference call. i have a few doubts:

interface Serial0/0

bandwidth 1024

ip address 10.x.y.z

ip pim sparse-mode

encapsulation ppp

ip route-cache flow

no ip mroute-cache

random-detect dscp-based

service-module t1 timeslots 1-16

end

I follow these steps:

I first give a no service-module t1 timeslots 1-16 command and then tell the provider to make the changes at his end. As soon as i give this 'no' command i loose my remote connectivity and wait till provides changes it to full T1. I then get back my remote connectivity.

My questions is: if i leave the command service-module t1 timeslots 1-16 as it is and tell the provider to make the changes at his end, will i get back my remote connectivity or connection will be down unless i give 'no service-module t1 timeslots 1-16'.

i am doing this remotely so i do not want to be in a situation where i loose the connectivity forever

thanks

srinath

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the provider makes their changes, it won't match your settings so they won't be connectivity.

I recommend having another way to connect to this router (modem via aux port, for instance) - just in case you need to revert back in your configuration changes.

Another trick is to make the change to full T1 in your router but before doing so, type reload in 10. This command will instruct the router to reload in 10 minutes and if the changes didn't work in your ISP side, the router will reboot with the previous configuration.

Make sure to cancel the reload if the ISP changes do work with the reload cancel command. You can also change the time interval .

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are going to full T1, change the service-module to 1-24.

You will lose connectivity but once the provider makes the changes at their end, the connectivity will be regained.

You can't delete the service-module, you can only change the number of channels active in the service-module.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks for the reply Edison!

In case, i do not make any changes at my end and ask the provider to upgrade to full T1 at his end first. will i be able to regain connectivity?(i will still have service-module t1 timeslots 1-8) in my router? Will the connection be up or down in this case?

thanks

If the provider makes their changes, it won't match your settings so they won't be connectivity.

I recommend having another way to connect to this router (modem via aux port, for instance) - just in case you need to revert back in your configuration changes.

Another trick is to make the change to full T1 in your router but before doing so, type reload in 10. This command will instruct the router to reload in 10 minutes and if the changes didn't work in your ISP side, the router will reboot with the previous configuration.

Make sure to cancel the reload if the ISP changes do work with the reload cancel command. You can also change the time interval .

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks for the clarifications!!!!!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card