cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST - phones do not get extensions assigned to them.

michaeljbyrne
Level 1
Level 1

I see the phones register on the gateway. Only they do not get extensions.

I have attached the run...

7 Replies 7

TODD BERGMAN
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrade IOS..What model phones? 7945 take 12.4.15T or higher

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

If you could advise what IOS you are using, it could help narrow possible known issues.

When the phones re-register are the voice dial-peers created with the approriate number 'show dial-peer voice summary'? Or is the number missing also?

Could you also try removing the keword preference 1 from max-dn, by default the preference is 0, so it should not be necessary in your case. 'no max-dn', and then 'max-dn 42.

Can you post the output of the show 'ccm-manager', 'show call-manager-fallback', 'show dial-peer voice summary', and 'show ephone summary' whilst in SRST.

Hope this helps

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Agree with the posts below. Check your IOS on the Voice Gateway and the firmware running on the phones, more than likely a compatibility issue.

I think it is his IOS it you look at the IOS version under the sh run in the Boot system command he is running 12.4-23.

No T No other numbers letters ect. sound fishy and old to me.

STACY WOOD
Level 1
Level 1

in order to assign the extensions, wouldn't you need to specify the MAC address and the extension numbers?

On our config we have something like the following for each of the phones -

ephone-dn-template 1

call-forward busy 1010

call-forward noan 1010 timeout 20

pickup-group service

!

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 5500

description Kris 5500

name 5500

ephone-dn-template 1

!

!

ephone 1

mac-address 0007.0E16.13C7

button 1:1

!

michaeljbyrne
Level 1
Level 1

I finally Figured it out yesterday after I posted this.

I needed to be in SRST mode 4.1 because I was using 7975's

Hi, I have this issue with 7942`s and 7945`s using SRST version 3.3, does this mean a complete IOS upgrade to get the updated SRST or can you download some kind of component?

Hope you can help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: