Kindly check this setup,
- 2*4500 are working in primary/secondary setup.
- Voice VLAN is 12 and DHCP pool for IP Phones is 172.21.17.0/24. Same DHCP pool is configured on both primary & seconadry switch.
- HSRP is running, Primary 4500 is 'Active' Router.
- Primary 4500 is root switch for VLAN 12.
- All edge switches are connected with primary and secondary 4500 except 2 switches which are cascaded with each other and one of them is only connected with secondary 4500 so root port is going towards secondary 4500. As per my understanding when IP phones which are connected with this edge switch will require IP Address from DHCP then they will broadcast the request. In the result broadcast traffic will actually flow through secondary 4500 to reach root switch but secondary switch is also running DHCP service with same DHCP pool so it will provide the IP Addresses to specific IP Phones. This setup could result in DHCP IP conflicts ??
Thanks & Reagrds,