Views
Helpful
Replies

Nokia E61 wireless problem

a.crippa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

I have some client that use Nokia E61 as CME phone and internet in a wireless lan with two AP 1200.

On this AP are configured two SSID one with WPA (EAP and radius) authentication and an other SSID WPA with preshared key, for guest and for that Nokia. All works fine.

Some weeks ago we install in very small branch office a 877W we configure the WLAN same as AP in the main office, all client that use WPA-PSK like some notebook, 7921 phones, when change office re-associate regular, but the Nokia no and in console I obtain the follow message for it's MAC:

"Previous authentication no longer valid"

Do you have any idea about it? Can I resolve?

thank you very much.

Augusto

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

"previous authentication no longer valid" messages are indicators of problems in the RF environment. When clients are listed in an access point's association table, they must respond to the access point's keepalive messages within a given amount of time or the access point will assume they're no longer there and disassociate them (drop them from the table) and make start the association process all over again if they still want to be associated. If the client doesn't receive the disassociation messages, doesn't realize that the communication link is broken, and that he has to start all over again, when he does try to transmit again, the access point will force him to reassociate, and the "previous authentication" message will be displayed.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card