Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading c6513 FWSM IOS from 3.1 to 4.0 and ASDM from 5.0 (2)F to 6.1 F

austin0824
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Am currently in the process of upgrading my Cisco 6513 FWSM IOS from 3.1(4) to version 4.0(3). I also want to upgrade the ASDM from the current 5.0(2) version to 6.1F. The last time I upgraded my IPS engine, I did through the device manager. Can I do same with the firewall and are there any limitations? I would also require any docs that would act as a guide. Thanks a bunch

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

You can upgrade c6531 FWSM IOS from 3.1 to 4.1 using ASDM. To upgarde the ASDM see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/fwsm/fwsm32/asdm52f/release/notes/asdm521f.html#wp194374

Thanks for the docs. I have gone through the documents and tried upgrading my ASDM software version 5.0(2)F to the latest 6.1F. I noticed that "upgrade software" function on the tools menu is greyed out. Hence, I could not commence with the upgrade. Any ideas on what the issue might be?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card