cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 RME Device shows up twice

troymaki
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco CSS 11501 and it is showing up twice in RME. Once with the host name and once with the IP address. It does not show up as an Alias Device in RME Device Management. How do I get rid of one of them?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No. It should be built into the CSS. However, I found a bug where that table is broken, CSCdw90592. This means the alias/duplicate resolution code in LMS will not work properly. However, you can get around this by picking the instance of the device you want to keep, then delete the other one from DCR. Provided that Discovery properly identifies the device the way you want it, the duplicate should not return.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Was this an upgrade from LMS 3.0.1?

No, this is a new install of 3.1

Then there may be an SNMP issue with this device. Please post a screenshot showing how both instances appear in the device selector.

Here are some screen shots. The Device report is listing them at number 72 and number 102.

Please post SNMP walk output for the ifTable and ipAddrTable branches from this device.

Is this what you are looking for?

This is the ifTable, but I don't see the ipAddrTable here. That table is used to identify aliased devices. The OID is 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.20.

How do I get that OID to show up on the 11501? Can I add it somewhere?

No. It should be built into the CSS. However, I found a bug where that table is broken, CSCdw90592. This means the alias/duplicate resolution code in LMS will not work properly. However, you can get around this by picking the instance of the device you want to keep, then delete the other one from DCR. Provided that Discovery properly identifies the device the way you want it, the duplicate should not return.

I deleted the unwanted device and ran a Discovery. Once the Discovery was done, the device showed back up as Newly Added. I then deleted the one I wanted to keep and ran another Discovery. It now only shows 1 of them. I tried to sign up for the bug tracker but it says info on this bug is only available to cisco employees. Anyways, thanks for the help again.

The bug will never be fixed. The CSS developers only add ipAddrTable entries for physical interfaces, and this is by design.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: