cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE

opowell
Level 1
Level 1

Do I need to purchase 10 or 50 user addons to my business edition deployment if the users are not having Voicemail?

I believed that the user license provided Unity Connection VM and port license. If they are just users that have no VM and just use phones all I need to ensure is that there are enough DLUs available?

Could someone please confirm?

3 Replies 3

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Correct, if you are not using VM then you just need DLU's for the phones, just do not import the users to Unity.

HTH

//Jorge

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The DLUs are different between connection and CUCM. You basically add DLUs for the devices you are supporting (7940, 7960, etc) If these phones do not have voicemail, you are done.

The license for connection do not directly coronate to the DLU license of the hardware.

Basically you could have 25 VM mailbox licenses and 500 DLUs available for different phone types

Ciscos answer tends to be that even if the users are not having VM, they still need to purchase the addon user license i.e. CUCM-BE-10USR.

Whereas I thought they would just need DLUs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: