Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial tone ?!?!

Hi there,

I upgraded the CM 4.2(1) to 4.2(3) .. and now when I start dialing the 2 digit of 4 digits I hear a different dial tone ....

When I change to an older Calling Search Space it does not happen.....

example:

Extension 1000 dialing 2000 (when I dial 20 then I hear another dialtone... )

I can keep dialing and the call will be completed .. but I don't know why it's happening...

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Andrei.

8 Replies 8

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have a Route Pattern that is giving you dial tone. Check for overlap somewhere. But somewhere you have an overlap in the dial plan, typically in the Route pattern or ?

Search the directory for 20xx and you should see a directory number and probably a route pattern or tranlsation pattern or something overlapping.

As already stated, use the Route Plan Report to search for all the patterns that begin with 20 and check which ones have the provide outside dial tone option.

If changing the CSS fixes your problem that means that the other CSS does not reach the partition of the 20XX RP that gives the outside dial tone

HTH

//Jorge

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andrei,

It seems like the Route Pattern 20XX may have this checkbox checked;

Provide Outside Dial Tone

Let us know,

Rob

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, you have overlapping dial plan. use route plan report to find out which DNs are configured that match the first digits of the route patterns.

don't look only at exact matches look for anything with X

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Quick! How many CCO users does it take to say you have an overlapping dial plan???

just jokin fellas!

Hi !

Thanks a lot for all your posts. It is good to know that this is a place where I can go to find answers.

:)

I'll make some tests.

Thanks.

Andrei.

jajajaja, it depends on how many users are connected at the same time checking posts =P and yet no rates.

Hey Guys,

....is it "Great minds think alike" or ..... "Fools seldom differ"??

Probably the latter in my case!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: