Views
Helpful
Replies

disconnection on ACS v3.2

nguyen.eric
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently running a Cisco ACS v3.2 on a windows server 2003 Pro with a safeword token server. I'm using PEAP (EAP-GTC). The problem is my client(Windows xp Pro SP2) gets disconnected 1 or 2 minutes after he connects to the access point. I have no idea of where the problem could be. I've put PEAP session timeout to 120.

Did anyone face this problem or have an idea?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

ACS 3.2 is not supported with 2003 , that could be the reason you are seeing this behavior.

I would suggest to upgrade it to supported ver that is 4.1.

Check out release note for more information.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacs4nt/index.htm

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

I have just upgrade to ACS 4.2. I got the same problem but now I can see in logs the following problem : Authen session timed out: Challenge not provided by client. How can I resolve that?

Did you ever find an answer to this problem? We have recently begun experiencing this on several of our clients running EAP-TLS:

We receive the same message in our logs:

Authen session timed out: Challenge not provided by client

The strange thing is that these clients will work for a while, then disconnect, and then reconnect. Causing the users to lose network access. To me it looks like a timeout problem where the client does not respond in a timely manner to the challenge.

sahmedshahcsd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Verify if the wireless channel on AP overlaps with other AP. As overlapping times out wireless connections.

HTH,

Ahmed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: