Helpful
Replies

NATing

vishwancc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi ALL:

I need some help:

I have a asa 5500 and i am doing natting by using the outside interface of the AS whuch is public.

Now i am adding 1 more iSP so i have 1 more public ip pool.

how could i achieve that .

Can i assign 2 ip to outside interface or any other way

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Two IP addresses for the same interface definitely is invalid. But you may either use 2 physical interfaces on your ASA; one for each ISP, or One physical interface by defining 2 logical interfaces.

Cheers.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

could you provide any link to configure the logical interface on ASA and how to use nat with the logical ip.

Thanks

jeremyault
Level 1
Level 1

You could have routing issues to deal with with 2 ISP links on the ASA if you tried to use them both at the same time. You would have to determine how are you going to route outbound traffic. Will you route certain destinations out one interface then the rest out the other interface? Which one will be the default route? Etc. But I suppose it could be done.

You can either put the two ISP links each on their own physical interface on the ASA -or- put them into two different ports on a switch and trunk them into one physical interface on the ASA. Either way is fine but it might be "easier" to just use two physical interfaces on the ASA.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card