Views
Helpful
Replies

CallerID on MGCP PRI

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys

i have a PRI MGCP gateway configured going to CCM 4.2. the gateway has the caller id DN configured. everything is working fine.

we now have a Manager Private line that has been configured with a New PSTN number. again, everything is fine incoming. the issue or rather question, is how do i advertise this new number instead of the CallId DN that is configured on the PRI?

the extension is 6156 and the PSTN is 653-3457

P.S normally ill configure the gateway as H323 and i can use the translation rules for this but im not sure how this is done from the MGCP end

thanks in advance for the guidance

10 Replies 10

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would need to remove the caller ID DN config from the gateway and control at the route pattern level using the "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" option. You would then configure the current caller ID DN as the external mask for all DNs with the exception of 6156. Configure it's external mask as 653-3457.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

Another area to check is with the carrier. Your carrier might not be configured to accept all your extensions. They might just be using the billing telephone number (BTN) as the outbound callerID.

guys thanks for the responses. will try removing the DN tomorrow and perform the adjustments to the router pattern instead.

You can also control it at the phone line leve by providing a Trans MASK of example 919234XXXX

It will send out the number based on the last four digits appending the first six.

i was actually going to ask this. however based on reading some docs two things popped up of which i wasnt sure.

1. even if i do this mask doenst the gateway DN override everything else?

2. the XXXX must be there and will be replaced by the extension correct. therefore, the extension number must be the same as the last four digits of the PSTN number?

Correct on both accounts.

Brandon

thanks guys ill go with the first suggestion and see how it goes.

Just from an opinion standpoint, would you guys normally go H323 or MGCP for T1,E1 and digit manipulation?

Hi,

It actually depends on the type of digit maniplation you require. If your system requires Xlation profiles, then your only option is H.323 gateways beacuse MGCP will ignore any xlation rule.

This is usually the determining factor as far as digit manipulation is concerned.

Please rate all useful posts

understood. but arent we talking about more or less the same thing here...meaning, if im using H323 ill use translation profiles on the router to manipulate the digits. if im using MGCP ill use the masks to perform the same function?

i know im going off the initial post a little here but its just for me to get a final grasp on using both :)

You can use masks on both MGCP and H323 since this will be done in CCM. This is done independent of the protocol you are running on your voice gateway.

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: