cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN-CLIENT

yvannpaillet
Level 1
Level 1

After configuring the pix 515E as vpn server and entering username and password i can no get into : fail to get the user.

please help me sort it out.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Looking the configuration from the Pix, you are doing External Authentication to a TACACS Server at IP Address 10.10.8.2.

Contact the TACACS Admin and make sure that the Username Password that you are using is configured on the TACACS Server.

Also, the Pix firewall needs to be included as a NAS in TACACS.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Do you know what type of authentication the Pix is configured for remote access VPN Users. If you are using Internal Authentication or External Authentication like Radius, etc., make sure that the username/password that you are using exist on the auth server.

If you do not want to authenticate the users, then make sure that the Pix is not configured for VPN Remote Access User Authentication.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

I 'm using internal Authentication

Hi,

If you have configured the Pix for internal authentication, make sure that you are using the username password that you configured. If you are still having issues, can you post the configuration from the pix.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

Hi

ok i'm sending the attachement file of my config.

Many thinks.

Hi,

Looking the configuration from the Pix, you are doing External Authentication to a TACACS Server at IP Address 10.10.8.2.

Contact the TACACS Admin and make sure that the Username Password that you are using is configured on the TACACS Server.

Also, the Pix firewall needs to be included as a NAS in TACACS.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

What cooment should i do to include the Pix firewall as a NAS in TACACS.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: