cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP-to-TDM

snickered
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I get a DS3 (coax) handed to me and I mux it to T1's and plug it directly into my systems. There I can hold call conferences among other things.

My ISP is offering to bring me DS3's over IP for much cheaper. What I will need is a gateway that will do the IP-to-TDM conversion so I can keep everything the same with exception of the gateway of course. I'd like it to "input" IP via copper or fiber and "output" the same way my carrier currently does (coax).

I have been dealing with sales people for a week and no one can provide me an answer. AS5850 is EOL, AS5400 is EOL, etc...

Can someone give me a clue on where to start looking for such a product?

6 Replies 6

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I should have specified that I will need something scalable up to 12 DS3's. And at the beginning I will need to be able to support 3. Do you know anything like that?

Yes -

Qty 12 VGD-1T3's, and a big rack to put them in :-)

LOL... thanks. I was searching for something more along the lines of the AS5850. Something where I can install blades as I need them. Is there anything like that?

Not any more. The AS5850 was very high performance, but it never seemed to become very popular for high end dial/voice access.

Now we are moving to a common DSP setup based on the PVDM2-64 DSP modules which are not supported on the older AS5XXX platforms. The VGD should work as a high density voice gateway under Cisco CallManager MGCP (v 0.1) control, which seems to be where the demand is currently coming from.

Bummer... thanks for the info though. I'll look into the VGD.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: