Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.x and Multiple exchange servers

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I read a lot of documents about Unity with multiple exchange servers but fail to set it up. I have Unity 5.0.1 partner with an Exchange 2003 back-end server. I run permission wizard and allow Unity to see all the other back-end Exchange servers. I then create a subscriber and at the bottom I select another Exchange server. When I log into Unity, Unity promps play message "Message server is not available". Unity works fine with the Exchange server that I partner with. Am I doing something wrong?

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like it may be a permissions problem for the other Exchange servers. What does the application log say on Unity? Make sure you ran Permissions Wizard under the proper Domain Admin (unityinstall or equivalent) account and that the delegation has been done at the organization level on Exchange for (unityinstall or equivalent) and (unitydirsvc or equivalent).

Brad

3 things, only use UnityInstall after it has been run before cause it needs to be a domain admin.

The first time you run it is when it gets those rights.

second thing is make sure the mail stores are mounted on the exchange servers that you are not partnered with. make sure all the services are started on those servers. in Exchange System Manager, make sure you can see those exchange servers, mailstores, and mailboxes.

3rd, thhing make sure it is not a DNS issue. Ping the other server by name and IP address. Sometime exchange needs to be able to be pinged by FQDN also.

Randy

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In addition to these two good folk's suggestions, make sure you also go to the other mailstores themselves in Message Store Manager, right-click them and make sure all the mail stores that will host or do host any subscribers for Unity have the following for UnityMsgStoreSvc in the properties under the security tab.

Send As

Receive As

Administer Info Store

View Info Store

It could be that the 2003 partner is the only one that has it's store(s) with the proper rights set on the store level.

Thanks!

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: