Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence question

epekou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a request from a customer to be able to see the presence of the phone while entering the digits (before pressing dial). Do you know if this is possible with CUCM or another application?

Thanks,

Evi.

5 Replies 5

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Well if you integrate the Presence Server with the CCM server and install the ¨Personal Communicator on the PC or laptop you will be able to see the exact status (presence) of the phone. For example, as soon as the phone goes off hook it will show the user as on Telephone, if you integrate it with Outlook if you have a meeting on your calendar it will change the status to "on a meeting" at the time of the meeting and will automatically change the status to available as soon as either the meeting finishes or as soon as you go on-hook.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/6_0_1/doc_guide/documentation/guide/dgcps601.html

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/6_0_1/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgcucm.html

HTH

//Jorge

do you mean presence or are you asking to view the phone remotely and see exactly what the person is presing on the keypad?

you can use the directory or call lists to verify the status of the phone you're trying to dial. (OR CUPC or BLF, etc) but it's not possible to get it in the middle of the dialing because it simply doesn't know what you're going to end up dialing, up to that point before you press dial you can enter more digits

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

im still not clear as to what the intention is though. do you mean before dialing you want to know if the person is available or not?

Exactly. Before selecting dial, while the headset in on-hook, I want to see the presence of the person.

I have noticed that when I dial for the first time the digits of the directory number from the 7975 phone with the headset on hook and before selecting dial I don't get presence information.

If I dial again with headset on hook I receive the presence information. It seems to me that you have to dial the number once for the presence information to be available.

However, I don't know if there is a timeout on this information.

Thanks for your replies.