Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller id on CME and PRI access

nizar.houichi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have configured a Cisco call manager express 4.3 on a Cisco 2821 with a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1. I have 10 grouped lines from my operator.

The problem is that when someone calls from the outside it appears "from unknown number". I would like to enable the caller id but the command "caller-id enable" dos not exist on the configuration mode of the voice-port 0/2/0:15 (voice port for the VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1).

Can you help me please to enable the caller id.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

To allow the sending or receiving of caller-ID information, use the caller-id enable command in voice-port configuration mode at the sending foreign exchange station (FXS) voice port or the receiving foreign exchange office (FXO) voice port. To disable the sending and receiving of caller-ID information, use the no form of this command.

caller-id enable [type {1 | 2}]

no caller-id enable [type {1 | 2}]

where type indicates (Optional) Indicates that the following keyword is a caller-ID type.

1-Type I only. Type I transmits the signal when the receiving phone is on hook.

2-Type II only. Type II transmits the signal when the receiving phone is off hook, for instance to display the caller ID of an incoming call when the receiving phone is busy (call-waiting caller ID).

I hope it may helpful to you

Thank you for replying,

but in fact my problem is not on the FXO port but in the PRI port.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card