Views
Helpful
Replies

How to implement the handler "please enter extension number"

learner2008
Level 1
Level 1

We need to implement the following actions:

"Press 1, please enter the extension number; Press 2, please enter the person's name."

I know that I can use Directory Handler for option 2. I am looking for help about how to setup on Unity V5.0 for option 1.

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jessica,

Say you have a call handler configured labeled "EnterExtensionNumber" and you make Caller Input key 1 off the Default Opening Greeting to "send to greeting" and select "EnterExtensionNumber" you just created, it'll play the greeting you record, and at any time, by default it will allow you to enter an extension to be transferred to.

On the "EnterExtensionNumber" call handler, you can configure how many times the greeting can repeat after silence, whether or not it says record after the tone, etc.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jessica,

Say you have a call handler configured labeled "EnterExtensionNumber" and you make Caller Input key 1 off the Default Opening Greeting to "send to greeting" and select "EnterExtensionNumber" you just created, it'll play the greeting you record, and at any time, by default it will allow you to enter an extension to be transferred to.

On the "EnterExtensionNumber" call handler, you can configure how many times the greeting can repeat after silence, whether or not it says record after the tone, etc.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

That is what I am looking for. It is much appreciated!

Great :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: