Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-16esw-1g-pwr not working

jdedon
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe someone can help me here.

I have a 2811 router with the 16 port POE etherswitch that has the gig port.

I appear to have the correct power supply as that was how it was ordered and I show 160 Watts available. Problem is, the fast ethernet ports do not show up in sho ver or in the config. If I plug something into one of them I get a link light. The Gig port shows up. I have an advanced IP services with K9 feature set. Any ideas.....I have more than one router with the same issue as all were ordered new the same way. Any suggestions?

8 Replies 8

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you do a "show interface status" you don't see anything? Remember this is a separate switchcard . You configure this as you would a L3 switch with SVI's and L2 vlans .

nothing concerning the fast ethernet switchports shows up anywhere

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you provide the Network Module part number and IOS version running in the router?

I didn't get any hit on that module you posted here from this URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps259/product_data_sheet09186a00801aca3e.html

Searched on google and came up with the EOL page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/eol_c51_483350.html

__

Edison.

NM-16ESW-PWR-1GIG=

and I think it is running 12.4 11T

I am not in front of it at the moment

For that module to power up, you need the PWR-2811-AC-IP installed.

HTH,

__

Edison.

That part number is on the order and it looks like the module receives power. I do not know how to tell if that module is actually installed in the router. The show power command is available and it does show 160 Watts of power available. I can plug devices into the ports and get a link light. The problem is there are not ports except the gig port showing up int the config or in the hardware list when you do a show ver or a show hardware.

The IOS you've mentioned does support the module in question. I believe the best approach will be opening a TAC case so they can further troubleshoot this problem.

Good luck

__

Edison.

NM-16ESW-PWR-1GIG=

and I think it is running 12.4 11T

I am not in front of it at the moment

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card