cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no data for debug isdn q931 and 921

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I can not for life of me figure out why these two debugs will not show the actual calls coming in/out of the router. I have term mon on, I see events, but no call traffic

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello.

It is not a rumor. If you use telnet, you must to use the terminal monitor command to see the debug. This must be done for all debugs from telnet

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Are you sure is an isdn?

If its a T1 CAS you might want to try 'debug vpm signal' 'debug voice ccapi inout'

What is your topology?

nope just 2 pris in a 2811 with MGCP. I typically just run these debugs to make sure the call is actually hitting the VG outbound and inbound and I can also see what digits are being sent from the carrier. Im getting nothing!@ it's really odd

i heard a rumor you cant use console, you have to use telnet to view q931 debugs. bah!

Hello.

It is not a rumor. If you use telnet, you must to use the terminal monitor command to see the debug. This must be done for all debugs from telnet

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

You can see the output from any of the logging methods, IF you set that method to level 7 (debug)

Try:

"logging console 7"

"logging terminal 7"

or

"logging trap 7"

depending on whether you want to see debug output on the console, telnet, or syslog.

I believe the default for console is 5(notification). Just "show logging" to see the various levels.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: