cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPS Error

jones2sr
Level 1
Level 1

I dial the TAPS DN and hit 1 for English, type the DN in twice as stated and get the following error message, "Extension is already in use".

any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TAPS doesn't like shared lines, so on the shared line, fill in a unique external phone mask, then type that in when it asks for the extension. (Or maybe it asked for the regular extension first, then the full 10-digit number which is the external phone mask.) I forgot.

This is because TAPS doesn't know what phone you intend to configure. Maybe they could improve it in the future to ask for the last 4 of the MAC address of the phone you are currently at or something.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I`ve come across this and the only solution was to reuse another number- not perfect as we were only using it for a roll out it did not cause problems, Maybe try deleting the number

TAPS doesn't like shared lines, so on the shared line, fill in a unique external phone mask, then type that in when it asks for the extension. (Or maybe it asked for the regular extension first, then the full 10-digit number which is the external phone mask.) I forgot.

This is because TAPS doesn't know what phone you intend to configure. Maybe they could improve it in the future to ask for the last 4 of the MAC address of the phone you are currently at or something.