cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

port channel help

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

guys can someone please clear few doubts regarding MST.....we have two 3560's swicthes there is 200M etherchannel as well.....now we have 10 vlans so all togather three instances )0,1 and 2

5 vlans are in mst1 and 5 vlans are in mst 2......i have a questions etherchannel is a logical bundle and Spanning tree looks at it as a single link right?? now managment has asked us to divide the vlans one port should run even vlans and other port should run odd vlans.....i mean is it possible as i thought that both instances travel togather on that channel port......i mean guys to be honest i am confused....can someone please help me

3 Replies 3

Istvan_Rabai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I think the simplest way to do this is to remove the Ether-channel configuration completely and prune the unneeded vlans from the trunks on both sides of the links:

interface fa0/1

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,3,5,7,9

interface fa0/2

switchport trunk allowed vlan 2,4,6,8,10

Cheers:

Istvan

ok what if i have four switches can we do the ablove mentioned excersie..

Sure.

I suggest you to do it out of working hours, so the users are not affected by the change during their operation.

Cheers:

Istvan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card