Views
Helpful
Replies

WebVPN and host Applications

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I just got a assignement at the end of this week to configure a WebVPN connection to our LAN for some workers. The LAN is behind a ASA 5520 8.0(3) and they need a RDP (TCP 3389) connection to one host on the LAN.

I got the connection working and can use the Java applet to get the remote desktop OR launch the Windows remote desktop program seperately and connect to the LAN host with the use of port forwarding (connect to 127.0.0.1:33389)

Is there some way to provide a clickable link on the web interface for the users which would launch the RDP application on the local computer.

This would be preferable way to do it because of the users lack of knowledge in VPN and remote connections generally and just to provide a more easier way of establishing the connection to the LAN host.

Any ideas? This has been my first time configuring WebVPN.

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Perform the following steps to capture data about a WebVPN session and view it in a browser.

Step 1 To start the WebVPN capture utility, use the capture command from privileged EXEC mode.

capture capture_name type webvpn user webvpn_username

where:

• capture_name is a name you assign to the capture, which is also prepended to the name of the capture files.

• webvpn_username is the username to match for capture.

The capture utility starts.

Step 2 A WebVPN user logs in to begin a WebVPN session. The capture utility is capturing packets.

Stop the capture by using the no version of the command.

Step 3 Open a browser and in the address box enter

https://IP_address or hostname of the security appliance/webvpn_capture.html

The captured content displays in a sniffer format.

Step 4 When you finish examining the capture content, stop the capture by using the no version of the command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card