Views
Helpful
Replies

VideoTelephony between CCM6 and CCME4 : ok but with IPcommunicator

connect101
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I succeeded to use Video over IP between a CCME 4.0 and a CCM6.0.

I'm using the H323 protocol with codec g711u.

There are the success and problems :

1.From a IPCommunicator registered with the CCME to an IPCommunicator registered with the CCM6.0

the voice and the Video pass.It's the same case from CCM6.0 to CCME4.0

3.From a IPCommunicator registered with the CCME to an IPPhone registered with the CCM6.0

the voice and the Video pass. It's the same case from CCM6.0 to CCME4.0

The problem is that :

3.From a IPPhone registered with the CCME to an IPPHone registered with the CCM6.0

the voice pass but the Video doesn't.

3.From a IPPhone registered with the CCME to an IPCommunicator registered with the CCM6.0

the voice pass but the Video doesn't.

Question :

I think that there is a mismatch arround the RTP connection.

i.e The video rtp stops in the phone and don't go to the PC where the video should be ended with the VTadvantage.

So what can be the error?

Is there any workaround?

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

The Cisco CallManager sends keepalive acknowledge messages to the registered devices once every 30 seconds. If Cisco IP Communicator is behind a firewall, or if there is some Access Control List(ACL) configured in the network, the keepalive traffic between the Cisco CallManager and IP Communicator is blocked. In this case, make sure that the firewall/ACL is configured to pass TFTP and RTP traffic using the appropriate port range.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: