cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1231ag troubleshooting for the first time

svillardi
Level 1
Level 1

We have 3 1231ag WAPs that are having problems with 1 SSID. Seems the signal is low.

This in not on a WLC, so I guess it's CLI for me....

Can someone point me how to troubleshoot this? I am a newbie at troubleshooting wireless. How do I show how many connections? How can I see settings? What settings should I look for? Etc...

Thanks in advance,

Scott.....

4 Replies 4

wesleyterry
Level 3
Level 3

I think this command may get you started:

show dot11 statistics client-traffic

I think this will show you all the connections to the radio as well as signal quality. I'd compare the value between the different APs that you have.

However, if 1 SSID on the radio is worse than another SSID on the same radio, then I'd be cucrious to see if there is proof of this. I don't think you can have any kind of interference on one SSID and not the other...

My laptop sat on that SSID for over an hour last week, so I think the issue was CLIENT based. thanks

Vinay Saini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hii ,

As this is not the LWAPP AP , there are different setof commands to check out the client associations. You can find them on cisco.com

You can try ,

Show dot11 associations all - will show all client associated

Show controllers dor11 radio <1/o> - will show you radio settings

Show running config ssid -- will show config of ssid

show running config - will show u all the config on the AP

hope this helps

Vinay

Thank you very much. Do you have a link where I could find some documentation on it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card