UCCX 5.0.2 HA question

Unanswered Question
Nov 21st, 2008

Hello everybody,

I am doing IPCC clustering for the first time. I used Installation guide and did quite well but still have some questions.

1)Is this clustering behaving the same way as clustering of CCM? Meaning that I do all the config on PUB and it gets copied to SUB? To what extent do I have to set up SUB(add only prompts? scripts are copied as I see)

2)how is with jtapi and rmjtapi users? I see when I started all the services on SUB that jtapi_2 got created on CCM and the number of CTI route ports got doubled on CCM (I suppose each jtapi user controls one server). However this is not the case with rmjtapi user. Should he also be doubled? Are these users only to be created on PUB or also on SUB?

3) I also have trouble logging into CRS administration page on SUB. When the server is freshly reseted it works well but after some time it takes ages to open the page...

Any help would be great,

Goran Pilat

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Sun, 11/23/2008 - 07:43

1) The clustering is not identical. UCCX has an active/warm standby clustering method. One server is active and taking calls while the other is in warm standby (database replicates and heartbeats mainly). All configuration should be done through the appadmin interface on the primary. Database replications will sync all changes to the standby box. This will include the prompt/script/document/grammar repositories IF you have been uploading/updating files through the appadmin interface.

2) What you are seeing is correct. You will see two "jtapi" users but only one "rmcm" user. This has to do with what the two users do.

3) You should be accessing appadmin on the primary server. The replication is not bidirectional. Because of this, appadmin is disabled on the secondary server once it identifies that it is the standby server. You can navigate to the Control Center on the primary server to confirm that the standby is online.

goranpilat Mon, 11/24/2008 - 00:42

hi,

Thanks for the great answer. However I am getting "The cisco JTAPI Client versions are inconsisten. Please go to cisco JTAPI Resync to install the JTAPI client". JTAPI resync doesn't help. In the short period on the standby server when I can log in as appadmin, I see on Unified CM Configuration that he uses different JTAPI user (the one that was created before but was not used anymore). I tried to change it on standby server but with no luck. How do I change it? Now I have:

primary IPCC : jtapi_jtapi

standby IPCC : jtapi

CCM : jtapi_jtapi_1, jtapi_jtapi_2

The last two have correct CTI route ports attached, but ports from jtapi_jtapi_2 are not registered (because standby server is using different jtapi user)

thanks a lot

goran pilat

Actions

This Discussion