cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace Load Balancing

jasoninbtr
Level 1
Level 1

Couple of questions about MeetingPlace 7.

-What is the best way to provide fault tolerance to the MP web servers? Can you front end with a CSS/ACE or is it best to just have multiple DNS 'A' records for all of your web servers.

-If you enable SSL on the web server itself it significantly decreases the capacity of the server. Is it possible to offload the SSL duties to a CSS/ACE? If so, how have you configured this?

-What is the purpose of the two IP addresses required for each web server? In 'Home | Administration | Web Server' it says that one is for 'Home Page' and one is for 'Web Conferencing' but you can go to either address/hostname and you get to the web interface. Any insight?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

3 Replies 3

jasoninbtr
Level 1
Level 1

Come on now...where are the MP experts? :)

joel.davila
Level 1
Level 1

Jason,

We run MP 6 and from my experience working with it the reason it has 2 NIC's is one if for Admin and the other is for web conference. I know you mentioned that below but if you look at the traffic you will see that when you connect to the webpage before clicking connect you pc will have a connection to the 1st NIC IP on port 80 and once you connect to the conference room you will see a second connection to the other NIC IP on port 1627 which is how it establishes a connection to the web conference room.

We as well have not played with SSL nor any sort of ACE/CSS for fault tolerance and i can agree that the system should be able to failover automatically but i hear that feature is not due till the 8.x days.

Joe,

Figured the best way was to frontend the web pages with an ACE.  Look for a string on the page to verify that it is up considering the web page will come up with a 200 if it is not connected to the app server.  Also found that teaming the NICs on the web server works with no problems.  Just have to add two IP addresses to the team.....one for IIS and one for Breeze.

Trial and error I supposed.  The BU couldn't understand why I needed to provide fault-tolerance for the web servers!

Thanks for the reply,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: