cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static Route

davidhuynh5
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 subnets (192.168.1.0/24 and 192.168.2.0/24) on RouterA. How can I tell my routerA to take all traffic from my local 192.168.1.0 and route it to my S0/0 inteface which connects to routerB? Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

sdoremus33
Level 3
Level 3

You can apply Policy Based routing scenario

ex: Create Policy via Route Map

Route Map #nameofmap permit 10

match ip access-list 10

set ip next hop || set interface s0/0

ip access-list 10 permit ip 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255

Note: In the set clause section you can specify the interface as so/0 for directing packets outbound via to RouterB

Sorry. I'm not too familiar with Policy-map. Do you have a link that easily explain it?

Thanks.

You can use this reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6599/products_white_paper09186a00800a4409.shtml

or get futher information in BSCI books. PM me if you don't have them

You can think of Poicy Based Routing is a mechanism used to suprcede normal routing baed upon the Pociy map you enforce

This is a basic rundown of what happens

1) You create a policy map that first specifies a permit line. The order in which permit lines occur are baesd upon numerical value, so if I specified a permit line of 10, 20,30, then the policy map would read line 10 first,20, then 30 in succession.

So in my previous example

Route map test permit 10 /* permit 10 first */

The next clause is the match clause. You can use a regular IP access-list 1-99, because we are only dealing with the source ip subnet range. If you wish to match based upon Port, DSCPvalue, etc..then you would use an extended access-list

Lastly the set paramter is used to set in this scenario the interface serial0/0 to carry the ip subnet 192.168.1.0 to Router 2

So in summary

Add the route map (PBR)

(Line 1)Route-map testtraffic permit 10

This sets the permit statement to read Line 10 first then subsequent permit statements would be read in order of numerical value

(Line 2)Match ip access-list 10

If there is an ACL list match for acl 10 then the Next line Line(3)will apply that traffic over the specified interface (serial0/0

(Line 3)Set interface serial0/0

Based upon the ACL match ACL10, then set traffic to traverse over serial0/0 interface to RouterB

access-list 10 permit ip 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255

This is the ACL I spoecified in Line 2, remember if there is a match based upon the subnet information given in teh Access-List under the match clasue then proceed to the set clause

Here is an additional link to help out

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card