cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is mobility advantage included in 7.0

korhelloatbxt
Level 1
Level 1

Is mobility advantage included in 7.0 or do i still need a separate server. I want to use unfied mobile communicator in combibnation with Nokia E71

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kor,

Mobility was added in CCM 6.x;

Cisco Unified Mobility

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.0 integrates the Cisco Unified Mobility features, which include mobile connect and mobile voice access. Mobile connect enables users to manage business calls by using a single phone number and pick up in-progress calls on the desktop phone and cellular phone. Mobile voice access extends mobile connect capabilities by way of an integrated voice response (IVR) system that is used to initiate mobile connect calls and activate or deactivate mobile connect capabilities.

Mobile connect and mobile voice access enable flexible management of enterprise and cellular telephone communications and provide these features and benefits:

•Simultaneous desktop ringing-Incoming calls ring simultaneously on the IP phone extension and the designated mobile handset.When the user answers one line, the unanswered line automatically stops ringing. Users can choose the preferred device each time that a call comes in.

•Desktop call pickup-Users can switch between desktop phone and cellular phone during an active call without losing the connection. Based on the needs of the moment, they can take advantage of the reliability of the wired office phone or the mobility of the cellular phone.

•Single enterprise voice mailbox-The enterprise voice mailbox can serve as single, consolidated voice mailbox for all business, including calls to the desktop or configured remote devices. Incoming callers have a predictable means of contacting employees, and users need less time to check multiple voice-messaging systems.

•System remote access-A user cellular phone can initiate calls as if it were a local IP PBX extension. User-initiated calls can take advantage of local voice gateways and WAN trunking, and the enterprise can track employee call initiation.

•Allowed and blocked access lists-Users can restrict the set of callers that cause a designated remote destination to ring on an incoming call (allowed access list) or for which the remote destinations do not ring on an incoming call (blocked access list). Each remote destination presents a cellular or other phone that can be configured to accept transfers from the user desktop phone.

•Caller ID-Caller ID gets preserved and displayed on all calls. Users can take advantage of mobile connect capability with no loss of expected IP phone features.

•Remote on/off control-Users can turn their mobile connect features on or off from the cellular phone by using mobile voice access or from the End User Configuration window.

•Call tracing-Detailed mobile connect calls get logged, which provides information to help the enterprise optimize trunk usage and debug connection problems.

•Mid-call enterprise feature support-You can configure DTMF feature codes as Cisco Unified Communications Manager service parameters: Hold (default equals *81), exclusive hold (default equals *82), resume (default equals *83), transfer (default equals *84), and conference (default equals *85).

•Smartphone support-Users can use the enterprise hold, resume, transfer, conference softkeys on the smartphone in an active call. Users can also enable or disable mobile connect from a smartphone.

•Enterprise feature access for two-stage dialing-You can use enterprise features with two-stage dialing for smartphones. Two-stage dialing allows smartphones to make outgoing calls through Cisco Unified Communications Manager if the smartphone is in business mode. The smartphone dials the Enterprise Feature Access number for Cisco Unified Communications Manager and then dials the destination number.

•Manual handoff of calls on dual-mode phone-Dual-mode devices offer an option to manually hand off calls from the PSTN to WLAN and vice versa.

From these release notes;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_0_1/cucm-rel_note-601b.html#wp46858

Hope this helps!

Rob

I had the same question.

I did notice a lot of Mobility features like SNR and Mobile Voice Access on CUCM 6.x and up. But it is still not clear about the Mobility Advantage which I guess supports the Mobile Communicator on the Nokia's, etc.

I remember this used to require 2 servers and then it became a 1 server solution. Is this now included part of the CUCM 7.x as well, that would be a true Cadillac for me.

:JoeL

Looking at the Datasheet for the Unified Mobile Communicator, it shows that CUCM 7 is supported but still on the Ordering information, it states that a separate hardware and software is still required.

Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage Server Software - CUMA-LINX-K9-V7

Cisco MCS 7845 Media Convergence Servers (max 1000 users) SKUs - MCS-7845-H2-RC1 and MCS-7845-I2-RC1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps7271/data_sheet_c78-502296.html

looks like the answer is, no Mobility Advantage in CUCM 7..

:JoeL

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: