cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Queue to Agent fails lead Calls Error in Webview Report

lee.alex
Level 1
Level 1

When we are checking with reports in webview, I find high number of call errors in a particular call type. When I trace the webview db, i found it call come from ErrorCounts (should be script errors) and i found some of the calls route to the "X" branch in one of the queue to agent node.

Will it leads to a increment of the ErrorCounts??

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Queue to Agent. You have two choices.

You can do it specifically to a selected agent hardcoded in the Queue to Agent node, and then you need a skill group and a route.

Or you can do it indirectly using a formula for the peripheral ID and an Enterprise Skill Group and Enterprise Route. I find the second one easier.

Which are you using?

In the first case, if you have done a skill reassignment and the agent is no longer a member of of the skill hardcoded in the Queue to Agent node, the route will fail.

One way to address this is to create a skill which you put all agents into, for the sole purpose of Queue to Agent.

I use the indirect method but put everyone in a special skill group for the purpose and make an Enterprise Skill Group with just that SG, and an Enterprise Route with just that Route.

Regards,

Geoff

I am using a indirect one. Actually i am storing the agent-id in the database and use the Queue to Agent to direct call to that agent.

I have create a Enterprise Skillgroup and associate the skill group of those agents in that skillgroup.

And i set the route in the "Route" field instead of the "Enterprise Route". Is that a difference on that ?

Getting the agent ID from a database is a common strategy for preferred-agent routing.

I quite don't know what you are doing with the route, but I know how it works for me.

Let's say that the skill group is QtoA and it has an associated route QtoA_rt.

Now you also should have an Enterprise skill group, say ESG, of which QtoA is a member.

You also create an Enterprise Route, say ERT, of which QtoA_rt is a member.

Now in the queue to agent (indirect) node set agent ID, ESG and ERT.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: