CUE Diversion header vs incoming SIP trunk Diversion header

Unanswered Question

I have a CME 7.0(1) router running IOS 12.4(22)T, with CUE 3.2.1 running on a NM-CUE.

I have an outside SIP trunk with two DIDs. Both have voicemail boxes associated to those DIDs and everything works fine when called directly, from the inside or the outside. However, I have a user that frequently forwards his cellphone to his extension's DID, and when someone calls his cellphone, CUE answers the generic "Please enter your ID" prompt instead of the proper voicemail number.

I have tested other similar scenarios where my PSTN line is call forwarded to a SIP trunk DID and CUE acts the very same way. I have determined that the "Diversion" header sent by my SIP provider is causing this problem. How can I strip this header or get CUE to ignore it? This is driving me nuts as I've tried everything from CUBE voice sip-profiles to cryptic commands in sip-ua. HELP!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Well, seems like I found a temporary solution.

CUE was receiving a Diversion header instead of a , and it apparently didn't like that. I created a voice class sip profile that simply modified the string to . I then added the "voice-class sip profiles 1" to my CUE pilot dial-peer.

That being said, there has to be a more elegant way out of this. I have a UC520 in my lab which I'd like to connect to a SIP trunk, but would have the same issue as we usually forward our traditional office lines to our Cisco IP phones (via SIP DID's). I'm not sure you can do voice class sip profile stuff on a UC520. Heck, I'm still surprised by the fact that I figured this one out with CUBE header translation stuff :)

I am also thinking about trying to remove the Diversion header in the inbound SIP dial-peer. Will post back if it works.

This Discussion