Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS central Manager GUI not showing WAE

jvalin__s
Level 1
Level 1

hi friends,

I have a waas central manager with 4.1.1 ios and 2 application accelerator one in HO with central manager and one in branch

WAE are in WCCP mode.

the end to end communication is possible between central manager and WAE.

but my doubt is that both the WAE are not being shown in WAAS central manager GUI.

2) my other doubt is wether to keep centrl manger in diff vlan then HO-WAE ??

3) what about branch WAE, wether it should be the same as HO or not.

4) how do i manaually register these WAE in the central manager.

PLEASE HELP...

4 Replies 4

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jvalin,

I usually put the CM back in a server subnet, however it doesn't matter where you put it, just as long as it has IP connectivity to all of your WAEs.

Have you registered the WAEs with the CM? If you use the setup wizard, it should have been done for you, however you can check on a few things.

1. Each WAE needs a Primary Interface assigned, this interface should have accessability to the CM IP address. You should use the interface that you have an IP address assigned to.

2. Each WAE should have a Central Manager address specified. This can be a host name (as long as you have configured DNS on WAEs (recommended) or an IP address. Try pinging the CM from your WAE to enasure it works.

3. Each WAE should have CMS enabled. If you don't see it in the config, you go into config mode and enter "cms enable" and it should start talking to the CM that you configured in step 2.

4. Both WAEs should be registered to the same CM.

Hope that helps,

Dan

thanks my friend for the reply,

1)each WAE is pinging the CM

2) But I have a doubt about the auto-registration part.

3)it is enabled by default on all WAE's

4)If I try to assign ip-address manually then it says auto-registration has been enabled on this interface int gi 1/0.

5)thats y I am disabling auto-registration and then I am giving IP-ADDRESS.

after accessing the WAE it says it has already registered with the CM, and it shows all the ip-add of CM also.

still both the WAE'S are not being shown.

I have kept CM in vlan 50, HO-WAE in vlan 40 and switch to router is in vlan 1

I am using 3560 in HO and 2800 router.

branch side 3845 series router and 3750 switch. branch WAE is in vlan 60 and switch to router is in vlan 2

please help

if your WAEs can ping the CM, and the 'correct' CM address is shown by the "show cms info" command,the most likely reason for the machines not showing up in the GUI is a software version mismatch.

Steve

Numbers 2 and 3 did it for me.  Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: