Helpful
Replies

discover devices on their loopbak0

cfajardo1_2
Level 1
Level 1

platform-lms3.1/acs4.2

objective-discover devices thru the loopback0 ip address

-devices were discovered but with there l3 ip addreses.

-acs are configured using th loopback ip adrresses

findings---devices were discovered but not listed on the device management list because of the ip address mismatch bet the acs and lms.

question-how to discover devices using only the loopbak0 to match the acs config?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming the devices only have one loopback address, simply configure Discovery to resolve the preferred management IP address using the Loopback interface under Discovery Settings > Global Settings.

this was the actual settings..but most of the discovered devices bear the address of the l3 interfaces

This is due to the algorithm used by Discovery. That's why I said, "assuming devices have only one loopback". I misundersood your "l3" comment. I assumed you mean layer 3 as apposed to lo3. Discovery will always use the loopback with the highest IP address. This is not configurable.

In order to get the devices discovered by the desired address, you could change the resolution to SysName for example. Then, add DNS records for all your devices' sysNames that point to their respective lo3 addresses. Alternatively, you could add the highest IP for each device into ACS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: