Helpful
Replies

Need cisco commands output over SNMP!

e_kniazev1974
Level 1
Level 1

HI ALL!

Please, help me.

I have snmp software HP NNM and RO access to 50 routers.

How to give output of the following commands by SNMP?

Is it possible?

commands:

2. sh version

3. sh cdp neighbors det

4. sh interfaces

5. sh standby

6. sh atm map

7. sh ip route

8. sh ip route vrf *

9. sh mpls traffic-eng tunnels

10. sh vlan

11. sh module

12. sh redundancy

----

Regards!

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you looking for the literal output of these commands as they would be seen from the CLI, or are you looking for the SNMP MIBs that provide equivalent data?

Yes, I looking for the literal output of these commands as they would be seen from the CLI.

This is not possible with only SNMP RO access.

Ok, if I have RW access?

Is it possible with RW access?

And how to setup this?

It's very complex to do with RW access. If the procedure is messed up, you will have to reboot the device to recover. This only works with IOS devices which support the redirect pipe command.

Essentially, you'll use http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094aa6.shtml to deploy a configuration snippet to a device using SNMP and TFTP. The configuration snippet will be something like the following:

do show ver | redirect tftp://10.1.1.1/show_ver.txt

end

Essentially, this will run the "show ver" command from config mode, and redirect the output to a TFTP server. Most TFTP servers will require that this show_ver.txt file is created first. If all works, this file should hold the output of the show ver command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco