Replies

SPAN Session Configuration

patel.nishit
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to change the existing SPAN session:

From-

monitor session 1 source interface Gi1/0/23

monitor session 1 destination interface Gi1/0/24 encapsulation dot1q ingress untagged vlan 2

To-

monitor session 1 source interface Gi1/0/24 tx

monitor session 1 destination interface Gi1/0/23 encapsulation dot1q ingress vlan 2

But when I do no monitor session 1

I lose connection to my SSH session and this is only way to connect to the device.

So we SSH to a public address that is being translated to a VLAN interface on the 3750. We have to reboot the router to revert back to our original config.

How can I change the SPAN monitoring without losing the connection.

5 Replies 5

I don't really understand your configuration.

It look for me like a "loop"

which ports do you want to monitor and which should be the destination port.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will probably have to post the config. When you ssh into the box is it riding that link G1/0/23 ? Maybe you can explain how you have the destination port setup and why also.

Gi1/0/23 up up Websense Server

Gi1/0/24 up down Connection to Firewall

port1/0/23 is connected to Websense server and port1/0/24 is connected to firewall.

All traffive goes via vlan2

cjinfantino
Level 1
Level 1

Do you connect to your switch via G1/0/24? You said you ssh to a public address that is being translated to a VLAN are you connecting through the firewall?

Also, how come you can't console into the switch. If you lose connection and have to reload the switch you must have physical access to it?

The SPAN sessions should have no affect on your ssh session unless you are connecting via g1/0/24 or g1/0/23.

Please post your config.

I have attached the config

To reload the device I configure "reload at" which automatically reloads the device at specific time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: