Views
Helpful
Replies

Team backed up by another Team in IPCCX

mikram
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I have multiple teams, and each team has multiple CSQs. Is there way to backup one Team with another i.e. when all the agents from TeamA logs out and the calls go to TeamB?

I am using IPCC 5.X.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Ikram

14 Replies 14

jasoninbtr
Level 1
Level 1

There are many ways to do this. Are you doing skills based routing? If so you could change your 'Resource Selection Criteria' to 'Most Skilled by Weight' and add the skills to your other team members with a lower weight.

Another way to do this would be to use a reporting statistic in the script itself to check and see if there are logged in agents for a given CSQ then write an if statement to sent to another CSQ if no agents are logged into the original CSQ.

Hope this helps.

Jason

I like that idea about checking for agents logged and and requeuing the call, but you should probably check for agents in the other queue also, or you may get a loop if both queues have no agents.

Of course....I have unfortunately run into this. :)

Thanks Jason,

Problem I am having now is dequeue the call from primary CSQ when all agents are logged out and calls should go to backup CSQ. Any thought?

thanks

Ikram

That sounds more like a solution than a problem. Are you asking How to dequeue and queue into a new CSQ? Or how to determine if there are no agents logged in.

Here is the logical flow that I would suggest:

- Select Resource / Drop in Primary CSQ

- Check if Agents are logged in?

-Yes? Wait 60 second (w/ MoH) and repeat

-No? Check if agents are logged into backup group

-Yes? Dequeue from Primary CSQ and Select Resource for Backup CSQ

-No? Voicemail?

I would check if there is anyone logged into the primary queue before I even dropped the contact in. This would potentially save 60 seconds of waiting for a contact. Attached is an example script. Of course you would have to fill in all the blanks. You could also set all kinds of fun stuff while in queue like checking reporting statistics to see if there is still someone logged into the queue then dequeue/requeue.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Thanks Jason, very kind of you. I still have problem to dequeue from primary CSQ to backup CSQ. Do you have any sample scripts, that would be great.

Cheers

Ikram

Ikram,

Check out the attached script. Same script but the following added logic:

-Call is queued to CSQ_1

-Call is put on hold

-Delay for 60s

-Call is taken off hold

-Check for how many contacts are in queue for CSQ_1

-Check how many agents are logged into CSQ_2

-If there are 4 or more calls queued for CSQ_1 and there are available agents in CSQ_2 then requeue in the CSQ_2 queue. Else keep in the CSQ_1 queue.

This is a easy way to provide overflow services for a given queue. For example lets say you have a tier I and a tier II support. If tier I has calls stacked up you can overflow them to tier II.

You can get as creative with your logic as you want. You might even want to check how many calls CSQ_2 has stacked up before you decide to requeue a call from CSQ_1. To do this you would just collect that statistic and add to your if statement.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any other sample scripts or ideas.

Jason

Oops, here is the script.

Jason

Thanks Jason, Let me have a look at it and will come back to you. Surely appreciate your effort.

cheers

Ikram

Hi Jason,

Tried your sample script, but still problem is that the call in the queue doesnot get answered by agent in second CSQ.

Call comes in, answerered by Agent1 in CSQ, Second call comes in and stays in queue, during this process Agent1 gets logged off and goes to meeting, the call in the queue still stays in queue and does not dequeue from first CSQ to second CSQ.

Any thought on this,

Many thanks,

You need some kind of loop that will check for agents logged in every 60 seconds or so. The Select Resource step will only interrupt for an available agent, not for a no-agent-logged-in situation.

I was just giving you examples of what can be done. You will need to tune the script to meet your needs. I would guess that you will want to add a few more clauses to your in-queue checks such as checking if anyone is logged into to CSQ_1, if not then requeue to CSQ_2.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Thanks Jason, working on it and will update you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: