Level 1
Level 1

How to backup Callmanager 6.1.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gilbert,

In CCM 5.x and above this is now called "Disaster Recovery System" pretty cool! Here is a look at the related info;

The Disaster Recovery System (DRS), which can be invoked from Cisco Unified CallManager 6.0 Administration, provides full data backup and restore capabilities for all servers in a Cisco Unified CallManager cluster. The Disaster Recovery System allows you to perform regularly scheduled automatic or user-invoked data backups. DRS supports only one backup schedule.

The Cisco Disaster Recovery System performs a cluster-level backup, which means that it collects backups for all servers in a Cisco Unified CallManager cluster to a central location and archives the backup data to physical storage device.

When performing a system data restoration, you can choose which nodes in the cluster you want to restore.

The Disaster Recovery System includes the following capabilities:

A user interface for performing backup and restore tasks.

A distributed system architecture for performing backup and restore functions.

Scheduled backups.

Archive backups to a physical tape drive or remote sftp server.

The Disaster Recovery System contains two key functions, Master Agent (MA) and Local Agent (LA). The Master Agent coordinates backup and restore activity with all the Local Agents.

The system automatically activates both the Master Agent and the Local Agent on all nodes in the cluster.

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/6_1_2/DRS_CUCM/drsag612.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Giltech1103
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Freesshd SFTP server but when I tried to add backup device on ccm 6.1 it is not taking it.

Please see the logs below:

SSH xxxccm successfully logged on using password.

SFTP service granted to user xxxccm.

SSH xxxccm disconnected.

try with freeFTPD

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I already figure it out.

It is path issue. I used / whcih fix my problem.

thanks anyway..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: