cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS rf calibration, 'a' band not recording

dcarpentx1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WCS 5.1.64.0 controlling 4402's running 5.1.151.0.

I am using a AIR-CB21AG-A-K9 card (ver A0) with the latest drivers

When I try to do an rf calibration all I am picking up is the b/g bands - no 'a'.

The AP's are running 'a' and the PC card picks up the 'a' band, but it is not recording in the calibration.

I cannot figure out why 'a' is not showing up in the calibration. Has anyone seen this before?

1 Reply 1

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

Follow the steps below to adjust the properties of the RF calibration model.

Step 1 Choose Monitor > Maps.

Step 2 From the Select a command drop-down list, choose RF Calibration Models and click GO.

Step 3 Click an RF calibrated model name.

Step 4 From the Select a command drop-down list, choose Properties and click GO.

Step 5 Click the Sweep Client Power for Location check box if you want to enable. You may want to enable this if a high density of access points exists, and transmit power is reduced or unknown. The sweeping range of client transmit powers may improve accuracy, but scalability is negatively affected.

Step 6 Choose the binsize (4, 8, 16, 32) from the HeatMap Binsize drop-down menu.

Step 7 Determine the heatmap cutoff. A low heatmap cutoff is recommended, particularly if the access point density is high, and RF propagation conditions are favorable. A higher cutoff value increases scalability yet may cause difficulty when locating clients.

I hope it may help you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card