No Audio on SIP to SIP call with CUCM 6.x

Unanswered Question
Nov 24th, 2008
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi,

When we use mobility (Remote Destination) and have a IP Phone extension setup with remote destination, when the call connects to remote destination cell phone the call connects but there is no audio heard either way. Both the inbound and outbound call go out same SIP trunk in Call Manager.

Is there any extra configuration needed for this to work?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jon Nelson Tue, 11/25/2008 - 08:35
User Badges:

I do not believe this configuration is supported, whether it works is another question :) The remote destination has to be ISDN (PRI) or an IP phone or phone across an ICT.

Tim Nomani Tue, 02/16/2010 - 05:37
User Badges:

Hi,

were you able to resolve it ? I have similar issue not SIP to SIP, but SCCP to SCCP with similar scenario..

Tim

CHRIS CHARLEBOIS Tue, 02/16/2010 - 07:00
User Badges:

9 times out of 10, a one way audio or no way audio is the result of a routing for firewall/acl problem.  If you want advace, we need more information.

Tim Nomani Tue, 02/16/2010 - 08:29
User Badges:

I have no audio at all..

My setup is 1 VMawre server configured with a public IP. All the phones register from anywhere in the WAN without any issues, however audio is only available on the phone within my LAN anything originated outside have no audio..The only thing I haven;t check was with my ISP if the ports are blocked, but to my knowledge there not.

Thx

Tim

Actions

This Discussion